About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Friday, March 14, 2014

Uh Oh

Still not sure what to make of this kid. I'm not sure if it is just the medicine, but he just seems so dazed and confused. It really reminds me of the beginning of his seizures. I hope and pray that those are gone forever but I am trying to be realistic that might night be the case. I'm just going to keep an eye on him and see if this gets any better. If not, I'm going to ask for another EEG to make sure there is no electrical activity.
But on the flip side, I can't get over this talking machine. Jayen is doing so well with the repetitive sounds. Before surgery has was occassionally saying words like bye bye, no no, ma ma, pa pa, and nigh nigh (night night), after prompting and clapping to remind him there were two sounds. Now he is doing it without the reminders or claps. Tonight he was even able to do two separate sounds when I asked him to say uh oh. I'm excited to see how fast this speech will improve. Still thinking by the end of the year we will be talking!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment