About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Monday, March 3, 2014

We have a plan

We finally have a plan, or at least know the doctor's plan. Tomorrow we are scheduled to do the mapping or stimulation part. Jayen has to have labs drawn before hand and another iv put in. I'm not excited about this part. These have caused the most anxiety for Jayen. I think he handled brain surgery better than he did the iv's. After the mapping is done the doctors will meet to discuss the plan of attack. They continue to say they will be conservative in their resection approach, but I am trying to keep an open mind about things. I really hope this is the one and only surgery we will have to do to have these seizures out of our lives FOREVER!
So to pass the time we started a tattoo parlor in the room. This has kind of been an ongoing thing the last few days. Every time the tattoos come out Jayen needs at least two more. So we have started giving them to everyone that comes in the room. Dalan and Brilyn got them yesterday, we try to remember the nurses every time they come in the room, and now we are set on getting the doctors! Most of them are playing along, but we are still working on Dr. Frost. It is our mission to give him one before we leave!

As of last count he is up to 38. We wanted to give him sleeves, but he decided his legs were better than his arms.

Dr. Arquillo was a great sport! He loved it, but might have had a little too much hair on his arms for it to actually stick ;)

Dr. Petronio played well too. Mommy and Dr. were both laughing. The nurse thought I was going to pee my pants! These doctors sure put on a tough game face but when it comes to a 4 year old with cute dimples no one can resist!

No comments:

Post a Comment