About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Best surprise EVER!!!

Jayen got the best surprise today! His brother and sister were able to come in for a visit. His smile was worth every second of drive time they had to sit through. Thanks a million, billion, gagillion Tom and Tanya for bringing them up for the weekend. I know it was a lot of driving and a little visiting, but to us it meant the world.
 


Giggles, giggles! They were all smiles from the second they walked through the door.
Shortly after the kids all said their hellos, Jayen had another seizure. As sad as I was that they had to witness that again, it really put things into perspective for them. This is why we are here. This is why our family has to go through this. Matt said something to Dalan on the phone the other day that really made me think. He told Dalan, "If you had seizures we would be here with you too." We really would do anything for any one of them. After Jayen was back to himself, he was able to show his brother and sister all the stuff he has been playing with for the past three weeks.

They shared some hoop time.

Some snuggles in the bed after a walk. Brilyn and Dalan even held on to Jayen's walker arms to pull him around.
 
The kids even got to check out the animal sound stars. Brilyn loved these!

There were 5 in the bed! Jayen showed everyone how to play the XBox. He wasn't a fan of sharing though. We might have to work on that before we get back home.
 
 
After everyone left we were back to the monotony of our life in the hospital, but I captured a moment we have been trying to record for a little over a month. I hope this growth continues long after surgery. Just before heading to the hospital Jayen started saying two syllable words. Daddy was laying on the bed saying things and Jayen was repeating them. I'm so proud of him. This was amazing. He had been doing it for a couple minutes before I was able to sneak a video of it. Ms. Shank, check out this progress!!!!
 

1 comment:

  1. Love the picture of you all in the bed! All the updates just makes my heart melt! And Jayen talking so good... Wow! Continued prayers!!!!

    ReplyDelete