About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Monday, April 28, 2014

Frazzled and Unsure

Before surgery, Jayen's seizures were easier to manage. We knew they would only happen in the morning and we kind of had a system down. Now this new Jayen after surgery is making me so frazzled and unsure what I am supposed to be doing.
Jayen had an extremely hard time laying down for a nap today. I think going back on Ritalin is really messing with his sleep again. Since it took him so long to lay down and sleep, I had to wake him when it was time to pick up Dalan from school. I think waking Jayen is the worst possible thing to do. Waking him seems to bring on seizures, but I had to get Dalan from school. I was watching him closely, but he seemed to be fine. We got in the car and I started backing out, when sure as shit I looked back and Jayen was having a full blown seizure. I was so upset and couldn't gather my thoughts. I didn't have a diastat with me and he was getting close to the three minute mark. I had to leave soon to get Dalan or I would be late. I tried calling Matt's cell phone but he didn't answer. I quickly called his work number. I think I needed him to direct me. I left Jayen and Brilyn in the car and quickly ran into the house to get the diastat. When I got back out to the car I was trying to determine if the seizure was over or if I needed to administer the diastat. Thankfully he seemed to be done.
I'm just so unsure what to do anymore. This was a crazy situation! No diastat in the car, kids buckled in, had to get to school, and I didn't have house keys. And we just went through brain surgery. What is going on and what are we supposed to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment