About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Thursday, May 15, 2014

What's his outcome now?

Day three was yesterday and on cue Jayen had another seizure. This was a morning seizure so it was slightly different, but non the less still a seizure. Today I am a little down and not completely sure why. I know it didn't help reading this from one of the special needs groups I belong to... "Cole passed away Tuesday morning. He had a massive seizure and aspirated. My husband checked on him and he was fine and I went in 20 minutes later and he was gone. We held him in our arms for a short time but will hold him in our hearts forever." I'm so saddened for this family and so worried whether this will be our family's fate as well. Sudden Unexplained Death is Epilepsy (SUDEP) is common in children with epilepsy. I'm a little comforted by the fact that he mostly wakes and gets out of bed before he seizures occurr, that we know of. I'm just so sad that we have gone to the extreme of extremes and still no help for my little man. What is in store for his life? Are we ever going to get these things under control? Prayers for Cole's family and all the families dealing with epilepsy!

1 comment:

  1. Always praying for your Jayen & for your family. All the families. Much love & hugs to you! We can't wait to see you next weekend!

    ReplyDelete