About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Fun, but not fun!

15 days! Not bad, I'll take it. Jayen went 15 days without a seizure. This one though, really took a toll on him. It lasted about 8 minutes total with diastat after 3 minutes. It was early enough in the morning that we were hopeful he would sleep for a little bit then wake up for baseball. I would hate for him to miss baseball. I think it is one of his true passions. I love that his daddy is his coach, his uncle is his buddy, and his big brother helps the pitcher. Our whole family gets involved!
Daddy had to go in and get clothes for Dalan, so the closet door woke Jayen up. He was still pretty out of it and couldn't keep his balance. I was very worried! We followed him around and made sure someone was always within safe distance. It was a challenge getting three kids and two adults ready while being down a set of adult hands. The drive to the field was just long enough that I think Jayen was ready to go by the time we got there. As soon as he realized where we were, he was unbuckling and grinning ear to ear. The game turned out great and Jayen actually participated better than normal. Glad those stupid seizures didn't take his fun away too!
After baseball we got to play outside in the pool and sprinkler while mom and dad worked on the house. We invited the neighbor kids over and they all played together. Jayen was once again grinning ear to ear. He is such a social butterfly. I was amazed at how well the kids responded to him. There was one time he bumped into another kid and I told him to say sorry. He signed it, but the other child kept telling me he wasn't saying sorry! I actually laughed and re-explained how Jayen doesn't talk and that was his way of saying sorry. They both had a little moment then and I think they played even better afterwards.
When the kids all left, we got out the big wheels and let the kids drive around. I am not always a fan of this activity, but for some reason I was in tears watching Jayen drive around. He is learning so quickly how to maneuver it and get where he actually wants to go. It constantly makes me think about the medication they wanted to put him on that could potentially make him loose his peripheral vision. I still dream that some day he will be independent enough, seizure free long enough, and responsible enough to drive. Hopefully more than just a hot wheel car!


We continued the evening with the neighbors and ended up at their house at the end of the night. They have a much larger pool! We stayed as long as we could but left quickly after seeing Jayen's face, arms and back. I don't know why he swells up so bad from bug bites. We were all getting eaten alive, but those bugs sure do like Jayen.



 
Hopefully

No comments:

Post a Comment