About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Ultrasound for my baby!

Nope, not pregnant! But I did have to take my baby in for an ultrasound. We have been seeing these strange bumps on Jayen's head and weren't sure if they were something to be concerned about. I sent pictures to Dr. Toth to see what he thought. We went in yesterday so he could see them in person, but he wasn't sure what to make of them either.


 
The first ultrasound technician wasn't getting a good enough picture so she called someone else in. I'm not sure if it was just because it was the end of the day or if the next technician was just impatient, but I feel like the answer I was given was an easy out. He found a pin where Jayen's skull was plated together and quickly blew us off and said that's what it is. I feel like we didn't even scan the areas I was most concerned about. I asked some other parents on a facebook group I belong to and a few have responded. Most say you can feel the pins, but they feel small like pins. What I have been seeing with Jayen have been much larger and seem to change size frequently.
 

 
I guess we will just wait until we see Dr. Kebriaei again in July. I hope they are at their biggest when we have our appointment so there is no doubt what/where they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment