About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Camping and Baseball

When we scheduled our camping trip we had no idea that baseball would be rescheduled for three weeks in a row. We arrived at the campsite Friday night, set up shop, and then got to play before heading to bed. We obviously didn't wear the kids out enough because no one wanted to sleep. It was a very late night with lots of reminders to stay in bed! Our friends, the Hayek's, were camping with us but had the same problems in their tent. They ended up having to leave because the kids just wouldn't settle. After finally closing their eyes for a few hours, the kids woke up at their normal time ready for the day. The boys found a way to keep busy while mom was making breakfast. I can't believe how well Jayen is doing on his bike. Daddy thinks he is almost ready to try it without the training wheels. Mommy is scared more of the attention span than the balance and coordination.
 

 
After breakfast we had to get ready for our last baseball game of the season! We are so sad to see the season come to an end. Daddy has been such a wonderful coach, Dalan an amazing helper, and Jayen a spectacular ball player (when he is actually on the field!).


 
Sister was tired of sitting on the sideline. When the game was over, she headed toward the helmets and bats. I love her fashion sense; she grabbed a pink helmet and pink bat and made her way to home plate! It was too precious!

 
Daddy presented each of the kids with a medal at the end of the game. I'm so proud of him and the care and attention he has given each of the kids. He has truly melted my heart and made me love him more than I ever thought I could!

 
After the medals, Jayen on behalf of the team, presented Matt with an autographed team picture. Each of the kids signed their names. This will be treasured forever!

 
Thanks for an amazing season Cubs! Hope to see you all next season!
 
After baseball we headed back to the lake for more camping and boating. Our friends, the Vaughan's were able to join us. We love hanging out with them. Dalan and Jayen both can't get enough of Brecon. He is a little older than Dalan and all boy! Teagan, Nikki, and Bobby all took their turns tubing on the boat. I heard daddy gave them a run for their money. Hope they are all feeling well tomorrow. I know I hurt everywhere after tubing.
We made sure to wear the kids out well today so bedtime would be easier. We stayed up late to roast marshmallows, tell scary stories, and sing songs. They kids vetoed the scary stories, so we were left with singing songs. The first request was Happy Birthday, then Ring around the Roses. Brilyn and Jayen could not get enough of this song. It was so cute to hear them both yell "Down" at the end. We were able to convince daddy and Dalan to stand up and actually do the dance with us too. This was by far my favorite part of the entire camping trip. What a great memory I will treasure forever. Our attempt at wearing the kids down must have worked; they laid down without much of a fight! Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment