About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Monday, August 18, 2014

A rare visit from mommy!

Daddy took the afternoon off to stretch carpets in the house, so mommy left Brilyn at the house to nap while Jayen went to therapy. Since I didn't have any extra hands with me, I was able to go in the gym and watch. I haven't been back to see Jayen work in a long, long time. I was a little worried he wouldn't work with me there. I obviously was not a distraction! I love the ideas and activities they were working on. The first one I saw Jayen had to open a button package to get out two pegs. The pegs were pounded into a picture on foam board similar to a light bright. Jayen loves working with tools so this hammer activity was a perfect for him.
 


 
After finishing his hammer activity, Jayen worked on his jumping goals. The super skipper was such a great and fun activity as well. The poles spun around at a very slow pace and Jayen had to jump over them as they came closer. This toy had such versatility too. You could use just one pole or two, you can turn the head of it upside down so the jumps are 6 inches high, and it has multiple speeds. We need to get one of these at home!

 
After playing with all his tools at therapy, Jayen was ready to put on his tool belt and help daddy at home. He didn't even want to stay for his free time at therapy. He really has become such a daddy's boy and big helper. Guess I better start making that honey do list a little longer!



No comments:

Post a Comment