About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Walk day is finally here!

Today is the day! The Nebraska Epilepsy Walk is finally here. Brilyn, grandpa, and many others started the day out with a little face painting. We arrived early enough to pick up our registration packets and check out the tables.

 
What a turnout! 68 family and friends who love and support Jayen! We are so honored and blessed to have these people in our lives. I don't know where I would be without you all. My heart swelled two sizes!


The walk wasn't quite the 5K we expected it to be, but I think we all broke a sweat; at least trying to keep up with the kids who lapped us!
 
 
After the walk, Mom had to school everyone on how to do the Charlie Brown! The DJ pointed her out and made everyone watch. After the Charlie Brown mom showed her skills wobbling too. I can't  believe I saw my mom do this.
 

 
Everyone was invited to the house for a luncheon after the walk. We posed for a family picture with our new Jayen rock. We rock purple for Jayen year round now!

 
We had purple coleslaw salad, purple cauliflower, purple jello, and purple cupcakes with purple ribbons.


 
Because our family and friends were in town, we decided to have Dalan's birthday party too. He didn't mind sharing the day with Jayen.

 
What a super special day this was. A GIGANTIC hug and thank you for everyone who came and supported Jayen and our family!


No comments:

Post a Comment