About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Monday, August 4, 2014

CTFD approach worked! Admission approved!

Mommy woke up early this morning to call and make sure we were ok to be admitted today. She was FREAKING out! Well, everything must have worked out! United Healthcare confirmed that we were approved, so we headed to the hospital. As soon as we checked in we were greeted by some old friends. It is amazing how 30 days in the hospital really makes people notice you. The lady at the welcome desk said, "I remember you"! Jayen knew his way around and was about ready to push the volunteer out of the way. What a familiar feeling walking down these halls again!
 

Of course we had to stop at every star (that is the ones he can reach)!
 
 
We arrived at our floor and were greeted by more friends. It is such a great feeling being cared for by ones we know and love. Our favorite nurse Zaundra gets to take care of us! We weren't able to get our same room, but we got the one right next door. Jayen had to take a stroll around the floor to check things out and announce his presence! After getting all the intake paperwork done and talked to the ten people that bombarded us at once, we were ready to get things started! Ms. Linda our EEG friend came in to help Jayen get his electrodes on. Mommy and daddy asked her to bring the board with straps in for Jayen because he is not a fan of this process. It usually takes us holding him down and him screaming for about 30 minutes to complete the entire process. Mommy really has been struggling with remembering that Jayen is four and should start being a participant in his medical team. I really wanted to give him a chance to try asking for permission to do this procedure instead of forcing him to. Jayen did so amazing! Ms. Laurie explained everything before she did it and really put Jayen at ease. He laid so still for her. Towards the end he started getting antsy but still allowed us to continue. I love this kiddo and can't believe how strong he is! Way to go Jayen! I'm so proud of you!




No comments:

Post a Comment