About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

A familiar but eerie feeling!

Day two and still no seizure.  We are loving all our nurse friends stopping and saying hi. It truly does feel somewhat like home. Maybe like your childhood home after you move out, you want to be there but can only handle it for a short amount of time.
We are hoping and praying this seizure comes soon so Jayen doesn't have to be under this stress anymore. I can't imagine what he is going through. He is being such a trooper though. He could almost take his own vitals at this point. He loves to be a big helper and get the thermometer, blood pressure cuff, and flashlight. He is so brave! I really can't believe how big he is getting!
 

 
We always seem to make new friends here. We learned today that the people in the room beside us (our old room) are from Yankton, SD. Yankton is just across the river from our hometowns. The people on the other side of them are from Randolf and South Yankton. What a small world! I'm really looking forward to talking to the Yankton family a little more. I hope we can be of some insight to them. I know so many people have helped us along the way and I hope we can always pay it forward.
One of the families we met here that has become part of our family stopped by to see us today. Our friends the Devaraj's came to see us. Olivia was in the hospital around the same time as Jayen and had a very similar procedure done. We have tried to keep in contact with them and really enjoy seeing Olivia's progress. It was so special to see them, but strange to all be back in the same place again. They brought us dinner and gave Jayen some amazing gifts. I can't believe how generous they are. I hope they read this and know how special they are to us.
 

 
Here's to tomorrow and hoping a seizure!

No comments:

Post a Comment