About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Friday, September 5, 2014

Our newspaper debut!

This past summer my parents joined us for a parade in Papillion. During the parade a volunteer for a politician seeking election approached us and asked us to vote for her candidate. I immediately asked what his position was on medical marijuana. I think this has left an impression in my mom's mind since that day. She mentioned something to me after the parade about how Jayen is always at the forefront of my life and she is proud of the work I am doing for him. I think she wanted to take action and play that same role for him. A few weeks ago my mom took the initiative to contact the Cedar County News and the Norfolk Daily News. She was hoping that one of the papers would run a story on the Nebraska Epilepsy Walk we were going to do that weekend. After meeting the families from northeast Nebraska in Minnesota and realizing there isn't a lot of awareness around the area, she thought this would be an amazing story for the paper. Neither paper contacted me before the walk and I think my mom was very disappointed. The following week I did however receive a call from the Norfolk Daily News. They were hoping to do an interview about our family to run in the paper. I wasn't sure what direction the story was going to go, but was up for anything that would bring awareness to Epilepsy. The story was published today and I'm so excited. It was a nice article, but the words of my family and friends who have shared this story on facebook have touched my heart tremendously. I hope this does bring awareness to my hometown community. I hope that if marijuana does come to a vote in Nebraska that someone will remember our story and think twice about their decision and who it might affect.
Thanks mom for setting this up. You play an important role in Jayen's Journey and I don't know where I would be without you.

Family looking for answers to control epilepsy
Click on the link to view the full article!

No comments:

Post a Comment