About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Quick hands, quick feet, gotta eat somewhere!

You'd think I never fed this kid, EVER! Tonight we went to Vala's with Tom, Tanya, Madison, Hunter, Morgan, and Brooklyn. They came down for the weekend to see us and visit the pumpkin patch. We were having so much fun! After a few hours at the farm it was time to start thinking about getting something to eat. But Jayen had apparently been thinking about it much longer than the rest of us. On our way to the barn, I asked if we could stop to get nachos. The loaded nachos are amazing! I waited in line while everyone else went to find a table to sit at. My brother Tom found a table that was being used by a couple and their little girl but the other half of the table was free. He asked if they could join them. Little did they know to Jayen this meant so much more! Jayen sat down beside them and no sooner could Tom turn around and get one of the little girls out of the stroller and Jayen was stealing French fries right out of the tray of the little girl they just sat beside. Tom apologized and the mother politely replied it was ok, she was done eating. And again, Jayen took this as another signal to devour every last French fry in the tray, then move on to her chicken tenders too. When the other kids saw what Jayen was eating they swarmed quicker than pigeons on a boardwalk and within seconds had the little girls food annihilated. When I got to the table with the nachos I was mortified to learn where the chicken tenders and french-fries had come from; a total stranger! Tom and Tanya both agreed how hard it would be to do the Ketogenic diet with Jayen. He literally would eat the food out of someone's hand if he wanted it.

No comments:

Post a Comment