About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Saturday, October 11, 2014

WORRIED 24/7

This morning Jayen slept in! And while most of you will think that is such a blessing, I can't being to tell you how much of a curse it is. Typically when Jayen sleeps in, it means his brain is revving up for a seizure. I do everything I can not to move or wake him. I sleep in one position until the tingling is unbearable, I hold my bladder until the very second I think I'm going to explode, I beg the other kids to go out and be quiet, I pray until he wakes and I know we are in the clear.
 
 
This morning the prayers must have worked. I do think we are in for a big seizure soon. I feel his demeanor is changing and he is slower to react or show emotions to certain activities. I often wonder if these changes are prescription induced. We just started a new medication on Wednesday and are still trying to figure out the side effects for Jayen. How long with this honeymoon last? Will we get a week seizure free? What's the next step in this journey? After bombarding Minnesota with calls last week I have a little more faith that we are actually heading somewhere. The doctor's do believe that Jayen's seizures are coming from the right again. This means they are seriously considering surgery again. I think this time we are hoping for a laser ablation rather than a craniotomy. When I have more answers I will share. For now, I will continue to worry that every time he sleeps he will wake and have another horrible seizure; a dream we just can't seem to wake up from.

No comments:

Post a Comment