About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Always a Roller Coaster!

Life with intractable epilepsy is always a roller coaster. Just three days ago we were celebrating begin 4 weeks seizure free, then today we had a monster of a seizure. Jayen had a 12+ minute seizure and required two doses of rescue medication. After the second dose I have to call 911 to make sure he doesn't go into respiratory distress. I made the mistake of calling from my cell phone so it took a little longer to get the ambulance there. LESSON LEARNED! Usually after giving the first Diastat, Jayen responds and the seizure only lasts about 7 to 8 minutes. This time he was still seizing into the 10 minute mark. I was forced to give the second Diastat and call emergency services. Brilyn was so excited to see the "whoo whoo"! Dalan was already at a friend's house, so I called our neighbor Felicia and she was able to take Brilyn. When we got to the hospital the ER doctor was amazing. We stayed for a couple hours to make sure Jayen was breathing and everything was ok. As soon as we were discharged we ran home to get Brilyn then ran to get Dalan. Mommy is just ready for this day to be over. Ready for this roller coaster ride to be over.
 





No comments:

Post a Comment