About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Saturday, November 29, 2014

#LifeWithJayen

I know I've used the hashtag before, but it couldn't fit any better. Life with Jayen is ALWAYS an adventure. It's always a roller coaster ride. Last night I put Jayen and Brilyn down for bed at my mom's house like I usually do. I tried laying Brilyn down first so she had a chance to fall asleep before Jayen came in. Usually if she is sleeping he does a better job leaving her alone. But last night he had a different idea. Jayen and Brilyn both kept getting out of bed multiple times. After my mom went down to tell them they couldn't get out for the 100th time, Brilyn came upstairs and confessed she ate some of Jayen's medicine. I ran down the steps as fast as I could to find Jayen's mouth covered in white powder an pills half chewed and capsules opened all over the bed. I picked up everything I could and tried to figure out when exactly they ate. After realizing I was missing over 30 pills I called the pharmacy to see if they had any suggestions. They were no help! I had to call poison control. Poison control was not happy and told me I needed to take them to the emergency room immediately. Grandma was in the shower but quickly finished so she could go with us. When I went back downstairs to get the kids Brilyn was sleeping but Jayen was still awake. I told him to go upstairs and get grandma. This is when it hit me, and him apparently, because he couldn't even walk up the steps. I was so worried at this point. Grandma asked how fast she should drive since it is normally a 30 minute drive to the closest emergency room. We swiftly made our way to Yankton, South Dakota and were taken into a room right away. No one seemed to worried about Brilyn, she must not have had as much as the drunken sailor next to her. He was a little worse for the wear. I was so surprised that they didn't give him IV fluids, didn't pump his stomach, and didn't give him charcoal. They simply monitored him! Brilyn was monitored for 4 hours then discharged at 130AM. Jayen was admitted for observation for the night.
 


 
After Brilyn was discharged we were taken upstairs to the pediatric floor. Jayen was still hyper and bouncing off the walls, but mommy was Black Friday shopping the night before and was running on only three hours of sleep in over 48 hours. I tried staying awake and keeping Jayen in bed for the night, but was struggling. At one point in time Jayen was out of bed and somehow knocked over an IV pole. I startled and quickly got him back in bed. We were the only patients on the floor but still no nurse came in to see what happened. I think he finally went to sleep, but so did I so I'm not sure. In the morning we called Jenny Kapla to tell her where we were and that we wouldn't be able to make it to see her today. She asked what we needed and was ready to come by and say hi. Jenny brought over the most amazing care package; A phone charger, toothbrush, toothpaste, make-up, a snack, shirt and even a brand new pair of underwear. She honestly thought of everything that only someone who has been there would think of. (She's going to kill me for this picture, but it was the only one I got!) I am so glad she is part of our lives. We are forever family and here for each other no matter what.

 
Tanya, Morgan and Brooklyn stopped as well. They brought more gifts. I don't like the idea of Jayen getting anything after what he just did. It was so nice to have them there. After a 15 hours of observation, the doctor finally agreed to let us go. I also asked that we got a morning dose of medicine before we left since we now had no pills until we got home. We left the hospital around 2PM. We picked up Brilyn and Dalan from grandma's house then headed home. What a long crazy weekend that just needed to end. The roller coaster ride had to come to a stop or I was going to puke. #LifeWithJayen is crazy, messy, chaotic, laughable, worth every second!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment