About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Goodbye House, Hello New Year

This morning we officially had to say goodbye to our home of the last 11 years. The kids walked through the house saying goodbye room, goodbye bathroom, goodbye kitchen, etc. I cried a little more with each goodbye until I finally had to send the kids to the car so I can sob.


As I was getting ready to walk out of the house I saw this little bottle on the counter. Matt put it there because he wasn't sure what to do with it. I wasn't sure what to do with it. I fell to my knees. The little bottle saved and destroyed my baby in 9 weeks. At $38,000 a vial I could never bring myself to throw it away. This little bottle represented everything we have gone through in the past 5 years. This little bottle reminded me of what I had to do to my son in order to stop those wicked seizures. Those were hard, dark times in our lives. We managed to get through them and will hopefully manage to get through these next hard times.


Since it is New Years Eve we had to continue our tradition. We've been trying to get Mike and Renee Loftus to go with us for a few years, but this time they finally gave in. Puppy dog eyes and telling them you are moving apparently does the trick, that and spending the night at their house so they have to go with you! Every year we order pizza and park in the Harrah's parking garage. We feel it is the best view, no crows, less traffic, and the comfort of your warm car! Mike and Renee followed us, since Renee would get lost if she didn't, so we pulled all the carseats out when we got there and threw them in their vehicle. We all squeezed in the back of my car and picnic'd with pizza. Matt even paid William a dollar to try a bite and he did! What a super special memory I will cherish forever!









After the fireworks we headed back to the Loftus' house for a midnight toast. WELL, we told the kids it was midnight anyway! Our plans were to stay up until then, but not a single one of us including the adults made it that long. I'm pretty sure we didn't even make it until the East coast midnight. I'm so thankful that I was introduced to Renee 10 years ago. You are the most amazing friend and I'm so sad I won't get to spend as much time with you after we move, but the distance will never change our friendship. Thank you for the most amazing memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment