About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Behavior

I just received an email from the STAR behavior coach that has been working with Jayen and the staff in his classroom all this week. I mentioned that I was excited we started the program, I'm glad he is doing so well on it so far (as reported by her), but was wondering how we could deal with the daily reports of hitting I am getting. Her response once again blew me away!

I am sorry to hear that he is hitting neither para or teacher have told me about him hitting, and I have not seen him hit. I would like to know more about this from the team when I am on campus next. 

I have not been invited to the IEP meeting on April 3rd. Typically I do not attend IEP's however if my schedule allows it I will be there.


What the heck? Is there any communication here? His behavior is why you are here correct? His hitting and aggression towards his peers is why we started this behavior program. How did you not know about his hitting? 

I don't even know where to go with any of this anymore. I have experienced why Arizona is ranked 47 in education. 

No comments:

Post a Comment