About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Monday, March 2, 2015

Three emails and finally a response

I had to send another email today since I still hadn't heard back from our case manager.
 
Ms. Miller,
I have sent you two communications and have not heard a response from either. 
I would also like to ask when Jayen will be starting the behavior program Ms. Rose mentioned, I believe it was called the STAR program.
Thanks
Nicole Hochstein
 
A response was finally received around 3pm.
 
Hello,
I apologize for the delayed response.
When a team member who has been assigned to Jayen is absent, a different staff member from the room will take over those responsibilities. The campus will then go through the list of possibilities for pulling in an additional staff member for the day just to support the room. However, someone will always be assigned to Jayen.
I have been in contact with our behavior coach regarding the STAR program. It is not specifically for behavior, but will teach him functional routines and communication skills. This, in turn, may help with any behavior concerns because it should reduce his frustrations. She and I will meet on Thursday and will hopefully get that started by Monday.
I definitely appreciate your continued open communication and apologize that you feel let down. Please know that we also want to make sure we are providing the best possible care for your son.
Respectfully,
Brandy Miller
 
I am worried about the response. So when one para is absent you are going to take the only other para in the classroom and assign them specifically to Jayen so there is not support for the other kids. Why do I feel that is only going to cause more issues if it is truly what happens anyway. And if that is the protocol then why did it not happen the last two days of school? Hoping and praying that some day we will have this all figured out!

No comments:

Post a Comment