About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

-Y; We've been working on this for a while!

Contrary to my sister's belief, this has no additional meaning. Tonight we sat down with the kids to watch a movie. Matt chose "Baby's Day Out", a movie I have seen numerous times and couldn't wait to share with the kids. Halfway through the movie Jayen shouted the word baby with perfect enunciation. Matt and I looked at each other to make sure we both heard right. We asked Jayen to repeat it again and with no difficulty he was able to say the word. So we went a little further to see if he could finally pronounce two words we have repeatedly worked on. Once again, Matt and I looked at each other and smiled. Jayen was able to say mommy, daddy, and baby! Something finally clicked for him! We've been trying to smoosh those syllables together for months. He had been able to pronounce them in isolated syllables, but NEVER before in one word. I love this little man and know that he will continue to make progress. I am still waiting patiently for the day I hear, "I love you mommy!"
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment