About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Confidence

I had scheduled a Kindergarten observation a few weeks ago so I could see what next year would look like for Jayen. I'm still trying to figure out whether to keep him in the public school system or continue looking for alternatives. I had Matt take the morning off to stay with Brilyn, but I had to change the plans a little bit. When we found out Jayen's new placement, we took this opportunity for me to meet with the new staff at Rancho Gabriela. I took Jayen with me and had to leave dad at home with Brilyn and Dalan so he could get Dalan to school on time. I will admit I was impressed with the welcoming feeling I received from the staff. We were off to a good start. Since we just completed the MET at Sonoran a week ago, there really wasn't much to discuss. I met each of Jayen's service providers and they quickly went over their plan for Jayen. After the meeting I was able to go with Jayen to see the new classroom. I was very impressed from the moment I walked in. The teacher had a laminated schedule on the board, the para in the room was already inviting Jayen to make the craft with them, and they were working on getting him a cubby while we were there. It took Dalan three months to get a stick with his name on it in his classroom. I really felt comfortable and was able to leave Jayen so I could work with the school psychologist to fix the MET. When we were finished with the fixes, we headed back to the classroom to pick him up. The kids were getting ready to leave for the day and all had their backpacks on. I got Jayen and said goodbye to the teacher, when three little boys shouted goodbye to Jayen. It melted my heart. I am very worried about this transition for him, but very excited about what great things this transition will bring. I have to admit I am still holding my breath and waiting to see if this is going to work for the long haul too. I do not have a lot of confidence in the district anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment