About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Why did this happen to my son?

In our meeting with school today, Matt asked if we could meet the teacher's and request a certain one for next year. The principal gave him a long answer that said they know exactly what is going on in the classrooms and sometimes cringe when parents request a certain teacher and know it is not a good fit. So I turned the question back on the principal. If you know exactly what is going on in the classrooms, then why did you let this happen to my son for the last three months? She was in silence! You knew what was going on in his classroom and did nothing? You let the school fail him? You didn't offer support to the teacher you knew was struggling? What does that really say about you?

The meeting ended with a solution I am still trying to figure out is acceptable. We are moving Jayen to a new school. Due to the district's budget cuts, Kindergarten next year is going to be half days. The morning session will be at Rancho Gabriela and the afternoon session will be at Sonoran Heights. So when it was suggested that he attend Rancho for the rest of the school year, it wasn't totally out of the realm of possibility. We were hesitant about afternoon kindergarten so this could just be an early transition. I'm sad at what this means for him. A new school building, a new teacher, new friends he has to make, new routines, new OT and Speech teachers, new everything for my kid who has a hard time with transitions. I just don't know what to do anymore. We bought this house in this neighborhood specifically for the school. The kids' top priority was to be able to walk to school. Now that won't happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment