About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Friday, April 3, 2015

Violation of the Law


Now that I’m home and Renee has left, I’m frantically preparing for our big meeting tomorrow. I’ve gotten a few phone calls today with changes to the meeting already. It was confirmed that Shara Rose would not be in attendance, but it was news to me to learn that she is currently his case manager. I have emails asking the previous case manager to forward the information for the new case manager as well as being verbally informed that my contact should be with Mrs. Tipton. The communication is truly lacking and needs substantial help here in this school. I was also told in that phone call that Mrs. Foster would not be available for the meeting. This was new news since the last time I spoke with her she mentioned her husband’s appointment but said she would be available for the beginning of the meeting. I was never informed during this phone call that Mrs. Tipton would not be available, but when I went to school to get some information from the teacher before the meeting I learned that bit of information too. I see how important this meeting is to everyone else. It was scheduled more than a month ago! I put it on my calendar and made the appropriate arrangements why couldn’t anyone else?
I was asking Mrs. Foster answers to some questions in case she didn’t make it for the meeting. I was once again FLOORED with the responses I was given. In Jayen’s IEP there is a goal for him to identify all the letter of the alphabet. It states the goal will be evaluated through teacher created classroom activities and documented at least quarterly. When I asked the teacher how she created these activities and what she was using to document, she was dumbfounded. She didn't know she was supposed to be doing these in the classroom. WHAT? I moved on to the next question. The goal states Jayen will display socially acceptable behavior when interacting with peer and adults from his current ability to 5 out of 5 times when prompted by an adult. Data will be collected on a teacher created data sheet. Yep, you guessed it. She had no idea and no data sheet. I wanted to ask what is considered "socially acceptable behavior" but I knew the response would once again be dumbfounded. I'll save that one for tomorrow.
I don't know what to do anymore. This is UNACCEPTABLE! They are in violation of the law. I am going to go to the meeting tomorrow but they need to be prepared, this momma bear is not happy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment