About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Dentist

Mommy finally got around to finding a new dentist for the kids. Just in time too! It has six months and one week since their last appointment. I did a little research and found this amazing dentist with the cutest, kid friendly office. The place looks like a giant tree house/forest. Even the sinks are covered in tree bark. I showed the kids the pictures from their website to hopefully alleviate some of the anxiety. I think we were all still blown away. They even had stuffed animals with a full set of teeth.
 






The kids did so well! We let Jayen go back for x-rays by himself hoping that he would just go with the flow and do what the hygienist asked. Daddy kept peeking around the corner and he was doing so good! Everyone did great! Until...until it was time to clean Jayen's teeth. I don't know why, but he doesn't like to lay down. He's fine sitting in the chair but when it comes time to lay down he bolts. We weren't able to convince him to get his teeth cleaned with the instruments. We were only allowed to use a toothbrush. Oh well, pick your battle!
We thought everything was going pretty well until we got the final word from the dentist. Finally tally came to Jayen 3 cavities, Dalan 6 cavities and Brilyn 9 cavities. Mommy is a little freaked out since this means that Jayen will have to be sedated to complete these fixes. Not sure I can handle that right now. Nor the cost of all these procedures. AHHHH!

No comments:

Post a Comment