About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Friday, May 29, 2015

Happy Birthday Princess

I always go a little crazy on birthdays. My parties are always a little over the top. My goal is not to show anyone up or get the praise, but to make my child feel like the most special person on their day.
I tried to make Brilyn feel that way today. When she went to bed last night, Matt and I blew up every balloon we had in the house and threw them in her room. I found some left over streamers, from our wedding I believe, and covered her door. I wanted her to know as soon as she opened her eyes, that she was special!
 



 
When she woke up, this was the smile I got. I was sad Daddy wasn't home to see it, so I was prepared with the camera! I think she knew right away!
Brilyn went to the store with me and picked out blueberry muffins for her breakfast. After breakfast we got ready to go to our first surprise. Since we are still trying to find all the cool and fun places here, I put a request on a few facebook sites asking for suggestions and was told about Playgrounds. It sounded similar to the activity center at Mahoney State Park. I thought it was perfect.



 
The kids had a great time. Dalan was being such a good big brother. I think he wanted to make the day special for her too! I'm pretty sure they played for about three hours. They would have stayed longer, but Jayen had therapy today so we had to leave to get lunch. The birthday girl requested Chick-Fil-A. Thanks google maps for finding us a Chick-Fil-A! Again, still learning where everything is. We quickly ate our chicken then a waitress presented the birthday girl with her very own "Eat More Chicken" cow and a bowl of ice cream. I wish we would have had more time to eat the ice cream. I think everyone took one bite and it was time to scoot. But not before getting a balloon! I love that they give the kids books for toys and balloons on the way out!

 
At therapy Brilyn got to pick the movie that was playing in the lobby. I think that made her feel special. She brought her balloon in and was sharing it with another little girl. After therapy we still had to go home and take naps. But as soon as we woke up it was back to special day. The kids were told to put their swim suits on and we lathered them up. I took them to a splash pad near the house. It is just a little one, but I didn't want to go too far away since I knew Matt was getting home soon. Jayen was now being the big helper. Brilyn needed help getting her shoes off and water shoes on. Jayen so meticulously unbuttoned her jellies and helped her put on her water shoes. I was so proud!  


 
Yep, the balloon came to the water park too!




 
They were all having a blast! While they were busy in the water, I was setting up the next event. Through my post on facebook, someone suggested coming to their ranch and taking her for a horse ride. How could I not? She LOVES horses. Did I say she loves horses? What a perfect present. I was even told I could split the time between the three kids. We ran home, changed into riding clothes, and were on our way.
 








 
She was such a natural. They all had the biggest smile on their faces. I can't wait to get them back to Nebraska and let them ride with their uncles. I was so happy this worked out. I think it was the perfect present for Brilyn, but I was probably more shocked when Jayen decided he wanted to ride. I have always wanted him to do equine therapy, but he has always been too scared to get near the horses. My post a while ago talked about how my brother Tom got Jayen to hug a horse. I honestly feel that is why he was open to getting on the horse. We didn't push it on him. Brilyn and Dalan both had two turns before Jayen even asked to ride. I think letting him see them do it first made him more comfortable. This was supposed to be Brilyn's birthday present, but I think this was the best present for me. Seeing all my kids smile like they did was so incredibly special.
After our time riding had expired, we ran home to change again. There was one last stop before this day was over. It almost seems like a family tradition to go bowling on a birthday. The kids have been begging to go since we moved. We found a bowling alley not too far from the house. We ordered pizza, loaded tater tots, and guacamole and chips; dinner and bowling! I'm pretty sure I was winning until the tenth frame when Matt got a strike and got an extra ball.
 



 
 I had an amazing time and believe the kids did as well. I hope someone felt extra special today. Happy 3rd birthday Princess Brilyn Nicole!

No comments:

Post a Comment