About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Monday, June 22, 2015

Swim Lessons

Since my kids are such water babies, (probably because they have all been on the boat and in the lake since the day we brought them home from the hospital) swim lessons have always been very important to me. The city of Surprise does lessons, but from what I heard it is hard to get in. Thankfully I found out about lessons at the base. Dalan took lessons at the base pool when we were in Nebraska, so I was pretty confident these would be similar. Dalan is an excellent swimmer so I don't worry about him too much, but my worries were much larger when it comes to the other two. Ms. Brilyn is just so stinking tiny that I don't think she will be able to touch, even with her tippy toes, until high school so learning to swim is a must. Jayen has no fear with the water so learning to swim without a floatie is a must for his safety. But I also worry how he will do with a stranger, listening to directions, understanding what they want him to do, and being able to communicate with the instructors.  After their first lesson I was very impressed with all of it. The instructors were so nice and patient. I think the only worry any of us had after the first day was if the water was going to be this cold again tomorrow!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment