About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Sunday, September 27, 2015

My monkey on the bars

He has always loved doing the monkey bars but was too scared to do them by himself. He would beg for someone to come hold his feet, even though I was pretty sure he had enough strength to do it himself. After church today we went to the park to waste some time before Sunday school. I was watching Jayen walk across a bridge where he had to move his feet around the bars and saw Dalan was standing in front of the monkey bars, the next time I looked up Jayen was on the other side of the monkey bars. Dalan had this amazed look on his face and shouted, Jayen just did the monkey bars by himself. We watched him do it another time and video taped it. I was so impressed! No prompting, no help! We watched him do it over and over again, but had to stay right under him after he lost his arm and fell more than 7 feet to the ground face first. I screamed and ran as fast as I could towards him. He had a little dirt in his mouth, but otherwise seemed fine. He was ready to get up and do it again, but mommy wanted to snuggle and watch a little closer. What a brave little boy! I'm so proud of you Jayen Hochstein! But don't scare mommy anymore!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment