About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Friday, November 20, 2015

I just want to go observe!

Does this seem fishy to anyone else? Waiting for the response and not sure what else I need to say.


Thu, Nov 19, 2015
Mr. Kerr,
My son, Jayen Hochstein, is in Ms. VanPelt's kindergarten class. I was wondering if I could schedule a time to come in an observe the classroom. I would love to be able to offer some assistance and guidance on ways to use Jayen's communication device. There have been many times when the device comes home fully charged leading me to assume it isn't being utilized. I think it can be such a great tool to help facilitate learning and show Jayen's understanding of concepts. As a teacher, I often struggled when a student brought in their communication device. Now as a parent of a child with a device I've learned a few things that I would love to pass along. My husband is able to take some time off the week after Thanksgiving to be able to watch our youngest. Is there a day that week that I could come in and observe?
Thanks
Nicole Hochstein

Fri, Nov 20, 2015
Hi Ms. Hochstein,
How about Wednesday the 2/12 at 9:30. If you would like to show the teacher about the communication device then we could do that on a Monday (probably at Sonoran Heights). During the observation it is just that - we observe for an hour.
Let me know if this works,
Mr. Kerr

MY RESPONSE
Mr. Kerr,
Wednesday, December 2 will work for me. I would really love to see Jayen's full day. I would like to observe from drop off to pick up. If training needs to occur we can discuss dates for that at another time. Since Kindergarten is not full day, this would not put me anywhere near the five hour requirement for fingerprinting. However, if that is something you would like I can attempt to complete that task before the date listed. I have my teaching license in the state of Nebraska for both elementary and special education but do not have them on file with the state of Arizona as I am not able teach due to daycare issues for my youngest. I would really love to see the ins and outs of my son's education at Rancho Gabriela and hope that we can facilitate open communication to make his educational experience exceptional.


I understand safeguarding the kids and making sure you are not letting strangers into the building, but also only allowing me only an hour of observation time is not appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment