About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Thursday, December 24, 2015

Family Tradition

We are very excited to be celebrating Christmas in our house and not having to worry about packing up the tree tomorrow. Last year never felt like Christmas time for me. It was cut so short by our immediate packing and moving. So this year I am bound and determined to keep the tree up as long as possible. 
We were able to continue our Christmas tradition of going to church on Christmas Eve and letting the kids open one present each. I think Dalan is old enough to know what gift is coming; their Christmas ornament! 



I wanted to present Matt with an ornament too. I know it wasn't easy for him to move either. I know that he does everything he can to make this easier on the rest of us. I found a gingerbread house ornament the said, "Our New House 2015". I can't thank him enough for working as hard as he does and giving us this beautiful house. I know the sacrifices he makes and I'm so thankful!


It was so hard getting this ornament for Dalan. I actually bought it on a day he was with me. He was standing less than 2 foot from me when I told the salesman I wanted it. There was a little kiosk in the Base Exchange that was selling football memorabilia. I saw the cutest little SeaHawks quarterback and couldn't resist. I painted 2015 for his uniform number. I think he liked it!!!!


I try to get an ornament that really signifies something special that happened for the child that year. I couldn't think of anything more significant for Jayen than his plane ride! I searched EVERYWHERE to find a plane that was similar in model to the one he actually flew. I found one but the colors were a little off. Instead of painting the exact replica, I decided to paint it blue and yellow. Every night Jayen and Matt have a "secret" handshake they do as Matt is walking out the door. For some reason Jayen says blue and yellow then signs airplane. I thought painting it blue and yellow would be of far more significance. He was overjoyed. He didn't want to put it on the tree. He wanted to play with it!


What else would the princess of the family get than her very own Ariel? Her birthday party this year was Little Mermaid themed, she went to a theater production with mom and Allissa to see Ariel, she was Ariel for Halloween, I think she really likes Ariel. 


The only thing I didn't do that I regret was pajamas and a movie for each kid. The movies would have especially helped on the car ride back to Nebraska in a couple days!

Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house, laughter and smiles and love all around. We are so truly blessed! Merry Christmas to all and to all a goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment