About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Friday, December 25, 2015

Merry Christmas!

A couple years ago Santa wrote a letter to my children reminding them how blessed they are. They are so much in their lives to be thankful for and there as so many others who don't have those same blessings. Santa wanted to make sure that the kids still felt special but that he would only be bringing them one gift if they were good, but mom and dad would be sure to give them gifts as well. After talking about the letter, the kids agreed that was a good idea. I have loved this tradition! They look forward to one very special gift from Santa! But as you can see there is no lack of presents under the tree. 



This year I took a step back and really tried enjoying Christmas with my own eyes instead of through the lens. I set up the video camera, but really didn't snap nearly as many pictures as I usually do. It was so nice to be in the moment and experience it as it is happening. I'm a little sad looking back on it that I don't have more pictures, but the mental ones are still there. 
We had talked to the kids again this year about how blessed they really are. We wanted to focus more on experiences than actual gifts. We were able to take them to Flagstaff and do The North Pole Experience. I'm really hoping next year we can do the Polar Express. I want them to get out and do things, see the world, experience other cultures and traditions but buying toys doesn't give us that opportunity. I think they were all very excited about the gifts they did receive. 





My family even surprised me, after we promised each other we were not exchanging gifts, with an upgrade to my diaper bag! Since mommy doesn't have to carry around all the baby supplies anymore I was gifted a big girl bag. I have been eyeing this purse for quite some time now, but knew there was no way I would EVER spend that much money on a purse. I can't believe my husband would either. I know how much I am loved and blessed! 


We hope you all had a wonderful Christmas filled with family, friends, and food! We can't wait to be with our family and friends! Time to start packing our bags. This feels eerily familiar to last year suddenly. 


No comments:

Post a Comment