About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

school observation

I've been trying to schedule an observation with Jayen's school since school started, but couldn't get Matt's schedule to line up with mine. When all the juggling kept happening with teachers I couldn't take it anymore. Matt had some time off to study for his next test, so I begged him to watch Brilyn for a couple hours. I had emailed the principal weeks in advance and set up today to observe Jayen's entire day. It was a bit of a struggle to get the school to agree to let me stay his entire day, a whole 2 hours and 45 minutes.
I found out a week before the observation that Jayen's teacher finally submitted her letter of resignation and they were looking for a permanent substitute. The current substitute was not what I would look for in a teacher for my son. When the word came that they found a permanent substitute I was excited and scared. I learned that she was a Kindergarten teacher at Dalan's school last year. Ms. Kayli had worked with her before and really like her. She started teaching on Monday and was still working on getting the classroom rules and procedures in place. I know she wasn't too keen on my visit so early, but I didn't have much choice since this was the only week Matt would have off.
I was quite impressed. For only being there a couple days, I really like being in her classroom. It also really made me miss being in the classroom.
The special education teacher must have had a few things going on, because I was told this wasn't Jayen's normal schedule. I'm a little disappointed I didn't get to see his normal schedule. I know that he is being pulled out of the classroom three times a day. His days are only 2 hours and 45 minutes long. I don't understand how it all looks and works for Jayen. I really feel like this year has been such a waste for him. I have really debated about holding him back a year so he can repeat Kindergarten again. I guess that decision needs to be made soon. At least I can feel a little more at ease about the rest of the school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment