About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Friday, December 18, 2015

SNOW and SANTA

We've been waiting for this day since we found out about the North Pole Experience when we moved here. We told the kids this year we were going to focus more on experiences than gifts. The kids got out of school early so we packed up as much snow gear, that still fit everyone, as we could and headed North! We heard Flagstaff just got more snow so there should be enough for at least a couple snowmen! 
On the way up the mountain Matt was laughing at me. I apparently had a huge smile as soon as we started seeing snow on the ground. Jayen must have been just as excited, he was screaming for his gloves as soon as he saw the snow. 
We met up with Kerrie, Conor, and Mandi at The Little America Hotel. This is where we you get on the bus to head to Santa's workshop. We were a little early so we got a chance to play around in the snow. Seeing Santa was amazing, but this might have been my favorite part! The kids were making snowballs and throwing them at Matt. There was so much laughter. 







Our bus left at 4:12. We sang Christmas songs on the bus and had a little competition with the left and right sides of the bus. As we started to approach the PORTAL that transported us to the North Pole, the lights started to flicker on the bus. I thought Jayen was going to get scared, but I think he actually really liked it. We made it through the portal and arrived at Santa's workshop. We were greeted by more elves that led us through the toy hall of fame, the golden compass where we got to see the compass spinning to show us we were at the North Pole, the toy workshop where the kids got to help build toy bears and nurf guns then shoot them at the elves, the bakery where we got to eat cookies and enjoy hot chocolate, Elf University, the sleigh room and control center, and then to see Santa himself! There were a few things I wish would have been different, but overall I think this was a magical experience. Santa was pretty amazing and even had Dalan guessing he was the "real one"! I loved the time we got together as family and with our great friends. I hope next year we can do it again or try the Polar Express!




No comments:

Post a Comment