About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

travel here and there and everywhere. Where we stop, no one knows!

It was time for us to leave Wynot and head towards Lincoln and Omaha. As much fun as I have with my family, I know I have to allow Matt that same time with his. It is always so hard saying goodbye. We wanted to make sure that we saw Marcus, Heather, Reganne, and Issac so we headed there first.  Since it was just their birthdays, Matt made sure to bring along Marcus' present. Of course, he has the same birthday wrapping paper issue that Matt has, so we purposely took Christmas wrapping paper and wrote "Birthday" all over it so it became birthday wrapping paper. Inside the box was the real present wrapped in real birthday wrapping paper. We were also able to exchange a couple name exchange and Godparent gifts since Matt's family had Christmas the day we left Arizona. More than the gifts, the kids and I really enjoyed just hanging out! Brilyn was glued to Reganne. She watcher her every move and eventually got close enough to even play on her phone. Jayen was busy getting into everything in Issac's room. We had to try to contain him to a smaller area and got him to play cards at the table. Dalan and Issac layered on the snow gear again and went to the park. I knew he was going to have to get in as much snow time as he could now. There isn't much of it near our house! The boys are only a couple year apart and are so much alike. I am so thankful for the time they get together and always wish there was more. But just like everywhere, we eventually had to say goodbye and head to the next stop.











Matt's mom had been calling trying to figure out when we were going to get there. We left Marcus' and headed towards Omaha. We hadn't even eaten lunch and it was nearly two in the afternoon. We were literally trying to fit anything and everything into the days we had left and would figure out when and where we would eat, sleep and change when it happened. We could only plan so much and so far in advance, but not only were our plans changing by the second but so were all the people we needed to meet up with. At one point Matt had to drop us off to get a bite to eat while he ran an errand. My head was spinning in a hundred different directions. We were able to squeeze in a quick hello with Mark, Nikki, McKenna, and Jackson Dorn and Jason, Rikki, Grant and Aubrey Hayek before heading over to see Dorothy and John at his house. We stopped at the grocery store to pick up something to make for dinner since we knew we would only continue to run around. What a mad rush it had become. I was thankful too see most of Matt's family and have time with them. But I really wanted to get my tired and crabby kids to bed and enjoy a minute of peace. My friend Nikki had an open room at her house and it was right down the street so we headed there. The kids were in bed and asleep in less than 20 minutes and I was finally able to sit back and relax. The drinks might have been helping a little too! Laughing and drinking with Nikki brought back so many memories. I miss home. I miss being here. I miss my friends and family. I miss my old life. Why did this move happen? I miss the time we had with family and friends and not having to squeeze everything into such a short amount of time.


No comments:

Post a Comment