About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Tears of joy or sadness?

We were supposed to meet up with my cousin Tara and her daughter Hannah today to go sledding, but after naps she sent me a text saying they were going to go out at 3 o'clock instead of 2 o'clock like we originally planned. That worked out so much better for us since the kids were still napping at my mom's house. I was struggling to stay awake but finally found enough energy when my watch turned to 3 o'clock.  I woke the kids and layered them in everything warm thing we brought with us and sent Tara another text stating we were on our way. I was a little saddened with her response, "We are just heading in now." What? Did they go without us? Why didn't they wait....WAIT, my watch is set to Mountain Time Zone yet, we missed sledding by a whole hour! I was so sad we missed that time with them. Dalan and Jayen were in their snow gear and ready to go, so I took them down to see Tara and Hannah at her mom's house. They played outside while I was able to chat inside. I've missed her so much. After talking as long as the kids would allow me, we ran back to the house to pick up Matt, Brilyn and Allissa and head to the hill. Tom, Tanya, Madison, Hunter, Morgan and Brooklyn all joined us for a little sledding too. I might miss the non freezing temps in Arizona, but nothing is better than freezing my butt off with family. I had the most incredible time. The laughs and cries (Matt's sled went right over a railroad tie and messed up his back pretty bad as well as the kids apparently getting too cold and screaming the entire way back to the house) were worth every second!













No comments:

Post a Comment