About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Monday, January 11, 2016

Eye Doctor

I'm so glad we were able to get in with this eye doctor. I was so impressed with how they worked with Jayen. When we were on base we really struggled with the nurse convincing her that Jayen could do it if she gave us a minute to work through it. This place was ready! Every time I was getting ready to say he couldn't do something, she was two steps ahead of me showing me how he could. There was a little screen on the wall that the technician was able to change the picture with a remote. She also had a laminated sheet with a three by three graph of pictures. A picture was displayed on the screen and Jayen was asked to point to the picture on his sheet. HOW AWESOME!!!! He didn't have to say a word! He was proving what his eyesight was and not his intelligence! The pictures were adjusted to itty bitty sizes and he was still able to identify which picture he was seeing. I was so proud of him and so thankful for the staff. When the doctor came in to look into his eyes I started to worry again. But once again I was amazed! The doctor was so patient and calm with him. She was able to convince Jayen to let her look in his eyes and shine the flashlight in them. He even allowed her to put the drops in to dilate them. I couldn't believe it!



Thank you so much for the amazing experience and making my son feel so comfortable. Jayen has great vision but we will need to continue to check yearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment