About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Friday, February 26, 2016

Who is judging whom?

Every morning when I take Jayen to school we park the car, wait for the crossing guard to cross the street, then meet our friend so she can help Jayen get to his classroom. I've always felt like the crossing guard was looking at me; but I felt like it was never in a good way. I would see how he looked at me differently when I actually had time to do my hair and make-up compared to when I was rushing to even put a bra on. I always felt like he was just judging me. Recently he started smiling at Jayen every time he said thank you in his way. I felt like we were having a little break through. Well, I think I finally understand why. Today he stopped me and asked what surgery my son had. I was a little taken back then realized he saw Jayen's scar. I simply replied he had brain surgery. So did his son; he recognized the scar. I was taken back with his response and left feeling like I was the one who was judging him. He had been staring at us trying to understand or maybe trying to remember those days or maybe trying not to remember those days. For a split second I understood him and he understood me. We talked for a little while longer but eventually we both had to leave. I'm so thankful he took the initiative to stop and ask. I'm so thankful he shared his story. Understanding each other leads to compassion; I'm so thankful for both!

No comments:

Post a Comment