About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Saturday, March 19, 2016

Cal Ripken then Mayberry's

The city of Surprise holds a Cal Ripken event for all the baseball players. Both Jayen and Dalan's baseball teams were invited to the game and on the field. We were excited to be able to go to a Royals game and cheer on our favorite team. Being on the field was a great experience too. Once the game started and we were back in our seats, we were so excited to see Alex Gordon in the outfield. We kept yelling "Go Huskers!" After a couple times he looked at us and gave us a thumbs up. It was a long, hot day in the sun but worth every second.




After the Royals baseball game and Jayen's buddy baseball, we cooled off with some drinks and games at the neighbors house. I bought cookies and frosting for the kids to decorate. Jayen was slightly interested in it. He pulled up a chair and sat at the table with the rest of the kids. After two cookies and more than a pound of frosting the game pie face was brought out. Jayen stayed at the table and was watching as it was being put together. The spinner was spun and the first face was put in the hole but as soon as it went off Jayen started screaming. He ran out the door and couldn't handle it. It took at least another 20 minutes to get him to come back. I sat with him on the couch and held him tight each time it went off. After getting more comfortable just watching, I brought him closer to the table to sit on my lap. He was still having a really hard time with it. Matt decided to play and let Jayen wipe it off of his face. We even put some on his finger and let him lick it off. He wanted nothing to do with the game but really liked the whipped cream. I am glad we got this opportunity. I was really thinking about getting the game for our house. I know to wait a little longer now!














No comments:

Post a Comment