About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

6 year anniversary

6 years ago our lives changed and they haven't stopped spinning backwards since. 6 years ago Matt was gone for training to become an FTD instructor and I was home with our 2 year old and our newest little one. Jayen was 4 months old at the time. I had put Dalan down for a nap, fed Jayen and was attempting to take a nap myself. Shortly after falling asleep Jayen's arm started twitching and hitting me. Immediately I knew something was wrong. I tried talking myself in and out of going to the hospital so many times. I'm so thankful Michelle Joslin answered her phone that day. I think it was a Monday and she usually had Mondays off. She was so gracious and came over right away. I left Dalan and Michelle at the house to play and I took Jayen to the hospital. While at the hospital it happened two more times. The emergency room doctor decided to put him on phenobarbital and refer him to the neurology department. We were there for a few days so the doctors could watch him. We were finally released with a bunch of new appointments to see the neurologist. Thankfully daddy was able to come home and be with us.
In the last 6 years we have had so many more medications added and taken away from Jayen's daily regime. He's also had a diagnosis of Infantile Spasms, epilepsy, FoxG1, ADHD, and Autism. More therapy sessions than days he's been alive; including OT, PT, Speech, Feeding, ABA, and Habilitation.
No matter where we go or what life throws at us, we will make the best of it and help Jayen become the best he can be!

No comments:

Post a Comment