About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Friday, March 25, 2016

Urology

I've kind of always said Jayen has had a problem with his boy parts. Every time he pees it comes out sideways. I tried to just chalk this up to the fact that he is a boy, but this was beyond an aim issues. I finally mentioned this to his pediatrician a month ago and he recommended we see a urologist. Today we finally had our appointment and met with the doctor. I was a little worried about how I was going to explain this appointment to Jayen (and Brilyn too since she had to come with me). I've told the kids since they were old enough to understand that NO ONE is supposed to touch their privates except mom or dad. Now I was taking him to a doctor that had to pull down his pants and look extensively at his privates. He wasn't so sure of this. He was very hesitant to let me pull his pants down. He didn't scream but told me no a couple of times. The doctor looked and noticed that Jayen has a very small opening causing him to spray all over and not completely empty his bladder. This is why he struggles to pee, why the pee goes everywhere and more than likely why he pees so much a night causing bedwetting issues. The doctor recommended an outpatient surgery called a meatoplasty. Jayen will go into the surgery center on April 12th to enlarge the opening of his penis and hopefully relieve some of his symptoms.
I feel like if there is something that can go wrong, it will go wrong with this child. What a crazy world we are part of with Jayen in our lives but I wouldn't trade him for the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment