About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Prima Ballerina Birthday

We are so thankful so many family and friends were around to be able to celebrate a little girls fourth birthday. Since moving here, birthdays have been much simpler events than we are used to; but not this one! All of our family that came to first communion were able to come to the party as well as our friends Kerri and Conor Thompson, and Laura, Tyler, and Brooklyn Smith. Brooklyn even came dressed for the occasion. Each of the guests were greeted with their very own tutu. We were even able to convince Nicholas, Brennan and Abigail to put one on and pose with Brilyn.  



Usually I plan the meal around the theme, but I wanted to make some foods that were more traditional for the area. We had carne ranchera, carnitas, and chicken tacos with more sides than we knew what to do with. There was also a candy bar and a three tiered cake. 





The kids (big and small) were kept busy with arts and crafts. 






But the fun had to come to an end. Daddy had to leave to take Uncle Marcus to the airport. We didn't want him to go, but knew he was coming back in a couple weeks so it made it a little easier to say goodbye. Safe travels Marcus!



I think we all had such an amazing day hanging out with all of our family and friends. The little princess was spoiled royally and I was rewarded with the laughs and time with everyone. I miss being home and having parties like this with all your loved ones around. I hope we can do it again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment