About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Thursday, June 30, 2016

ZERO BMI

I have been really worried about Jayen's weight since our last appointment at Dr. Melmed's office when they said he lost more. His appetite has really decreased lately. I've been trying to add as many calories as I can to his current foods with sour cream, butter, and anything I'm not supposed to eat! But I still wanted to make sure that I stayed on top it. This morning we met with Dr. Easter for a weight check and my suspicions were right; Jayen has lost even more weight. I'm so thankful Dr. Easter isn't in arms and is willing to let us work on this a little longer before doing anything drastic. Dr. Easter agreed that since we are seizure free and managing behaviors that we don't want to rock the boat too much. I'm so thankful in his cautious approach. Jayen currently has a BMI of zero. I didn't even know that was possible! My eight pack son has no body fat! We will add a carnation instant breakfast or some kind of drink to add more calories and see where we can get his weight. I will continue to worry and hope this doesn't become a bigger problem!

We also asked Dr. Easter about one of Jayen's pins from brain surgery. It seems so be sticking out much further than usual and almost floats around underneath his skin. Dr. Easter will put in a referral for a neurosurgery consult. Add that to the worry pile too!


No comments:

Post a Comment