About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Saturday, July 9, 2016

Experiencing a concert


Tonight Matt and I were able to get a little reprieve from our daily lives and try to reconnect as a dating couple again. We were so thankful to enjoy a double date with our neighbors and friends Christian and Eva. The evening was incredibly hot but reliving our childhoods through the cover music, Hootie and the Blowfish/Darius Rucker, and extremely expensive drinks was worth it. I had an amazing time, but couldn't help to think about whether or not this would be something Jayen would someday be able to enjoy as well. The heat would obviously be too much for him, but maybe he could enjoy an indoor concert or outdoor during the cooler months. The music was too incredibly loud for him. Could he still enjoy it with earphones? Possibly. The lights were flashing and flickering and would sometimes shine right in your face. Would this bring on a seizure for him?
What things in life will he miss out on? Would he have friends that would take him to things like this? Would he ever go with a date? Would he someday remember the songs that played on the radio when he was younger and reminisce? I don't know what life has in store for him, but I promise to not let him miss out on every opportunity that is available for him.





No comments:

Post a Comment