About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Friday, July 8, 2016

All lives Matter!

I've been talking to the kids about all the tragedy happening right now. We talked about how cops have to make split second decisions that sometimes cause a loss of someone's life. We talked about how black people are sometimes looked at differently and treated differently because of their skin color. We talked about how someone decided to kill innocent cops because of the actions of other cops. We talked about a family we know whose husband is a police officer. We talked about how scary it would be to send our dad/husband off to work with people who want to kill him just because he is a police officer. We talked about LOVE and the love God wants us to have for others. We not only talked but tried to put our words into action.
We wanted to stand behind the men and women who put their lives in danger because of their job. They have sworn to protect us! Although our gesture was small, water bottles and cookies, we wanted them to know how thankful we are for them. We also stopped by our local fire station, twice, but they must have been out on a call. We will stop again later and let them know how much we appreciate them and stand behind them!

No comments:

Post a Comment