About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

He has a screw loose

We've been noticing a bump on Jayen's front temple for quite a while now. It has really started sticking out more and more, enough that we are scared when he gets a hair cut that the clippers could catch on it. Since brain surgery, we've noticed this screw. But it has slowly started sticking out more and more. We mentioned it to Dr. Easter and he put in a referral to a neurosurgeon.
Today we met with Dr. Adelson at Phoenix Children's Hospital. He confirmed what we have been joking about for a while now; Jayen has a screw loose! Somehow one of his screws holding the titanium plates in place came out and it floating around under his skin.
The doctor gave us the option of leaving it alone or doing surgery. If we leave it alone we could risk infection. After talking about it alone, Matt and I hesitantly decided that it would be best to remove the screw. Surgery has been scheduled for September 9, 2016. I'm not prepared to put him back under again. I'm not prepared for them to cut open his head again. This is going to suck!

No comments:

Post a Comment