About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Monday, August 8, 2016

How does he see himself

Dalan is such a good big brother and is always trying to teach Jayen new things. I don't know that I was thrilled with his newest teaching though. Jayen saw Dalan trying to look up videos on YouTube Kids by pressing the microphone button and speaking what he was looking for. Jayen liked that and wanted to try it too. Dalan showed him where the microphone button was and Jayen tried telling the IPad what he wanted to watch. He kept yelling at it, just like big brother does when he can't get it to recognize what he is requesting. It was so amazing to watch. And as I peeked around the corner not to draw attention to myself, I secretly prayed that the darn thing would recognize what he was saying. Of course, Jayen's speech isn't recognizable yet. He continues to try day after day but with no success. It really made me wonder how he sees himself. Does he think he is any different than his peers? Does he understand that his speech isn't like theirs? I love that he is always so happy, go lucky! I love that not much bothers him or keeps him down. But I just wonder what he thinks of himself. And right now I have to think he thinks pretty highly!

No comments:

Post a Comment