About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Where has time gone?

Where has the time gone? I know everyone says that. I know where the time has gone. I've spent so much of that time sitting in waiting rooms at hospitals and therapy centers, in conference rooms at schools and at our dining room table doing ABA therapy. We've spent so many days, months, and years preparing him for moments like this! I know exactly where the time has gone. But of course, I wish it would slow down too! Every time this little man leaves my sight I am entrusting another adult with his life. Every time he leaves, I pray that the adult will treat him with respect and help him learn and grow so one day I can be miserable because he has finally left the house. I know he is only 6 and I know this is only Kindergarten, but every day and every therapy and every doctor is going to help get him to a place of independence. Every day is a rat race to get him to some therapy, appointment, or social activity. But I know in the end it will all be worth it! I know that some day I will kick my baby out of the nest and his beautiful wings will open and he will fly further than any of us ever thought.










Since moving to Arizona it has been a struggle with school. This year we are back to our home school with both boys attending. I've always dreamed of them being in the same school. From our time in Bellevue when Dalan would come home excited because he saw Jayen on the playground or at lunch and gave him a hug, I've dreamed that they could have that same interaction here. I hope this year is great for both of them. I also hope this will give mommy some much needed time to relax or do something for me and also some great bonding time with my last baby at home. One more year and all of them will be out of the house. Wow, yes, where has time gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment