About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Thursday, August 4, 2016

lunch disaster

Fuming right now and don't know how to stop it. So many things happened! I tried staying away and giving the staff some room. I'm not sure that was a good idea. I went to pick up Jayen and he was no where to be found. He wasn't with his class and that is where he is supposed to be. After Mrs. Mullins saw me and saw the look on my face, she mentioned he was waiting in the office. I'm not sure why, but we headed towards the office. We were caught half way there by Mr. Frazier, the principal. He was coming to find us since Jayen was in the office for so long. I would really like Jayen to be dismissed with his class. Last year he did so good announcing to his teacher "I see mom!'. I don't think this should be a problem, but I will talk to Mrs. Lake and see what we can do.
As soon as we got home I quickly opened Jayen's communication notebook to see how his day went. We had to pack a meal for feeding therapy and get on the road so it was just a quick glance. But once again I was floored. I grabbed the notebook, some food for therapy, threw the kids in the car and headed out the door. I shared the notebook with the feeding therapist. Holy crap. Are they serious? All he ate all day were pears? He loves tater tots. Why did he not eat tater tots? Was he offered the hamburger? I sent along a gogurt and pediasure too. The pediasure was all sent home so it wasn't touched either. 


I don't know what to do other than continue to come for lunch and personally make sure that he is eating more. I can try to train the paraprofessional working with him, but entire they hire a full time person I will be training someone new everyday. I have to do what is best for Jayen. I know he doesn't want me there, but I need to make sure he is eating more. He's at such a crucial stage with his weight that I'm so scared he is going to fall below the threshold and we will have to look at surgical options for him. I need the schools help. I need him to eat as much as possible at school.

No comments:

Post a Comment