About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Vermillion and Camp Cousins

We had to run to Vermillion, since it was the closest place our insurance would allow us to go, to the emergency room. Dalan was having a really hard time going to the bathroom. He would have the urge to go pee nearly every 5 minutes but not much would come out. This isn't good, especially when you have a 24 hour drive ahead of you. Matt dropped Dalan and I off at the hospital and he took the other two to see his mom at work. In an odd way, I think it was exactly the break Dalan and I needed. After an abdominal exam and an x-ray the diagnosis was extreme constipation/backup pushing on his bladder. He was told to drink magnesium citrate and stay close to a toilet. He was so worried since we were supposed to stay at Tom and Tanya's house tonight.



We were able to play in the leaves while waiting for Dad to come back and pick us up.






Grandma Hochstein timed her lunch break just right so we could eat with her. It was nice to get that special time with her. The kids really enjoyed the food at HyVee too!
After Vermillion, we headed back to Grandma and Grandpa Kuchta's house to pack up our stuff. We were asked to save our last night for Tom and Tanya's house. We weren't sure what they had planned, but when we pulled up we were welcomed to Camp Cousins! When we were little, my Uncle Chuck used to have all of our cousins together at his house for a camp out. They called it Camp Cousins. My brothers and I all have fond memories of these events. And they wanted to recreate it for us. We started the night riding the horses. My kids couldn't get enough! Brilyn immediately jumped on and wouldn't get off. Jayen took a little longer to warm up, but grinned ear to ear as soon as he was placed on the saddle. Even mom and dad got turns. I don't think I have ridden since our honeymoon in Hawaii over thirteen years ago. It was so much fun!









After horseback riding, they grilled for us. They even invited Grandma and Grandpa Kuchta over. It was there anniversary so I wasn't sure if the were going to come, but they did. We stuck Matt in the corner and only allowed him to eat with a baby fork!



Madison and Hunter were having their birthday party next weekend and we knew we wouldn't be here for it, so we had to give them their gift early! I felt bad that it was a shared gift, but I really think they liked it. They had to share an iTunes gift card and a set of bubble suits. There were so many laughs!!!! All the kids took turns and even got some of the adults in the bubble.





The kids ended the night playing a game of bean boozled! I think I can still smell the dog food emanating from someone's breath. YUCK!




What an amazing night! Thank you everyone for making our trip so special!

No comments:

Post a Comment