About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Making it count

I don't even want to talk or think about it. How can this be their last day here? How are we going to let them get on that plane tomorrow? The time has gone too fast and I just don't want it to end. We didn't plan anything for today because we wanted to just be together.
The kids decided they wanted to go bowling. Matt wanted to play arcade games. So we headed to Main Event. But when we got there, there were no more bowling lanes open. The kids played the arcade games for a little while then it was time for Jayen to head to therapy. Since there were no lanes open here, the rest of us were going to waste a little time before heading towards the bowling alley next door to Jayen's therapy.
I had really been wanting to take the kids to yogurtini after Dalan went with some friends before they moved. There was one not too far away, so Grandma, Grandpa, Dalan, Brilyn and I headed there.




Boy did Brilyn's eyes light up when she saw this place. There is an entire wall of yogurt machines with dozens of different flavors and another wall with a bar full of every topping imaginable! At that moment, I could imagine what her face would look like if we had just entered Disney World. The kids discovered these little jelly filled balls. They named them fish eggs and kept trying to convince Papa to try them. In true Papa fashion, he ate one then immediately started wiggling like on was in his stomach then made a fart like noise and wide eyed told Brilyn he thought it just came out. She was just a wide eyed and immediately looked under the table to see if a fish popped out. Such a gullible kid. Never ever believe Papa!



When the brain freeze wore off and their pants were pushing against their stomachs, it was time to meet Jayen and dad at the bowling alley.





10 frames of blowing and we were all ready for a nap. I can't even remember who won, but I remember the laughs and cheers as each person when up. Such a fun way to be together and share our last day together. But time to go home and let them pack (not sure I can fit in their suitcase after all the yogurt). Tomorrow is going to be one depressing day!






No comments:

Post a Comment